The thin line between Real and Fake can be very confusing to those who want to explore the reality of UFO.
However it can be noted that even if 99% of the millions of cases and sightings were fake, then the remaining 1% would leave us with thousands of cases that have yet to be explained and explored by scientists and experts.
Who has not heard of Unidentified Flying Objects buzzing through the sky? Performing maneuvers impossible to ordinary planes and pilots.
Or the accounts of people who allegedly fell victim to abductions by extraterrestrials. The point that makes these cases appealing are the references drawn from post-hypnosis.
The list is large and the accounts are many. What can we believe and what should we take with a grain of salt?
Just as the number of UFO believers is growing, the amount of fraud cases are too.
Thus those who do not believe use these frauds to discredit the whole subject of UFO.
Is it possible that we are the only species with intelligence and technology in our entire cosmical neighborhood we call the milky way-galaxy?
The line between fraud, mockery and authentic evidence is very thin. So thin in fact, that it has become ever harder to actually prove that sightings are real, but ever so easier to discredit the UFO sightings based upon the abundance of hoaxes.
People who sought to attract attention with fake facts usually cause harm to the credibility of seriously involved participants of UFO research.
There are many examples on YouTube to prove my point. Just type in UFO.
I personally am not taking the standpoint of any party. I would just like to point out the harm that dishonesty can cause to the legitimacy of a subjects- like the question about the existence of UFO, where they come from, why they come and what their agenda is.
Anyone who speaks about UFOs in public faces the danger of losing his credibility in Society and most scientific societies. That is why UFO-logy has not really made it to the ranks of Archaeology and Paleontology yet.
However it seems the major media mostly run with the obviously hoax stories, which have an defaming effect on the audience, because it is usually totally obvious that the sighting was faked.
But there still remains that small fraction of authentic sightings and truly experienced things.